Really attractive post title, I know.
Lately, I feel like there’s so much random junk floating around in my brain. It’s like they just keep popping up randomly. To quote Mean Girls (aka one of my favorite movies of all time), “Word vomit.”
1. I’ve never thought the age difference between my sister and I felt that big, but it has ever since we moved her into Vassar. I’m in early adulthood and meanwhile, she’s only just starting her college career. I’ll be honest and admit that I am definitely a little jealous. I miss those college days!
2. My hair is getting crazy long! It’s about time to get a trim I think. I’ve decided to keep it long though. Looking back, I’ve realized that not only does it not look great short, but it also was higher maintenance. Not really worth it.
3. My mom gave me the awesome news that my favorite aunt and cousin on her side of the family will be visiting in December! All of my relatives live in China so I’m really looking forward to their visit.
4. A few friends and I are heading to Lake George this weekend. It might be a little too chilly to swim, but I’m loving this brisk fall weather so no complaints here! It makes for perfect hiking weather in my opinion.
5. I’ve been thinking about whether it’s time to let some friends know about my blog. Until now, I’ve only shared my blog with my family and my best friend Chrysanthe. It would really open up what I can write about and share if I let some other friends know about it. On the other hand, most of my friends in the area are people I work with. I certainly don’t want my blog spreading around the office anytime soon and even letting them know about it would make me feel like I have to restrict what I can write about. So for now, it’ll just remain a thought.
6. I’m doing the Fitmixer Bootcamp! It started on Monday and so far, so good. I slept a little too late last night to wake up this morning for a workout so I’m looking forward to the gym for Day 3 after work today! I’m really loving their products, especially the slim shake. Right now, I’m planning to try to stick to the workouts and the 1400 calories a day that have been set for me. I don’t plan on tracking my calories via My Fitness Pal as they suggested though. I tend to just get obsessed with the numbers when I weigh myself regularly or count calories, so I’ll just be eyeballing the 1400 calories and trying to get the right amount of protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, etc. I typically have a pretty good sense of what I’m eating anyway.
7. I miss my dog! I haven’t seen her in a while. I’ll be dogsitting the little bub next weekend though since my parents are going to visit my sister for Family Weekend up at Vassar. I miss the parentals too! Apparently, they’ve been doing some major cleanup every weekend since they dropped my sister off, so I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve done too.