It’s been an eventful few days here!
I had a fun weekend, which finished off with my boss’s wedding on Sunday evening. It was absolutely beautiful and such a good time!
Unfortunately, little miss me seems to have been bitten by some bedbugs at the hotel we stayed at. I have a few crazy itchy bites on my right foot, which I just can’t stop scratching. Yuck.
Worse than that, I’m terrified that I’ll have brought some of those little suckers home with me! I didn’t realize that they could be bedbug bites until late last night so I didn’t get to wash all my bedding until today. Everything was freshly laundered in hot water and dried in high heat a few hours ago though, so hopefully I’m safe. Fingers crossed!
On the other bad news front, I’ve been experiencing some popping in my left hip since Friday. I’ve been resting since then in the hopes that it’ll clear up, but no go yet. I’m terribly antsy and can’t stay away from the gym much longer!
A bout of bad luck here, but to bring it back to some good news, I wanted to share the lovely goodies sent to me by my foodie penpal Jen this month. Oh so late, I know, but better late than never, right?
The following was immediately stashed away into my purse for snacking purposes:
- Raw cashew butter: Saving this and can’t wait to try it!
- Dried cranberry and pineapple: I inhaled this almost immediately.
- The Good Bean sea salt roasted chickpeas: I usually don’t go for salty but these are so delicious. I need to find out where I can get more!
- White chocolate macadamia LunaBar: Love me some LunaBars! I finished this in a day or so.
And the following were immediately stashed in my kitchen:
- Homemade cookie bars: Did I say “immediately stashed?” I meant after one was eaten, of course. These were delicious and I can’t wait to eat the other one!
- A dried chile: I am a little intimidated by the color (it looks so spicy!), but I do like spice in moderation.
It was some gooood stuff! Thanks, Jen.