Lately, I’ve found myself drinking more smoothies than usual since I picked up a giant bag of vanilla whey protein powder at Costco.
To give you some background on my smoothie history, I originally learned how to make Green Monster smoothies from Oh She Glows. Since then, my own Green Monster recipe has gradually changed. I’m a creature of habit so I almost always throw the same exact things into the blender.
Luckily, I was feeling spontaneous on Wednesday and decided to mix it up. Let’s just say that I’ll definitely be mixing it up more if the results are always this good!
Strawberry Banana Green Monster Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- Four frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- A few handfuls of spinach (About two cups worth. I like frozen spinach to add some ice to the smoothie, but unfrozen is fine too.)
- 1 tbsp of nut butter (optional)
Makes one big serving.
I find that order doesn’t matter too much, but I tend to put my ingredients into the blender in this order:
Banana, strawberries, protein powder, nut butter, Greek yogurt, almond milk, spinach.
Blend until smooth and enjoy!