Three monsters today:
1. A monster of a day: I was crazy busy all day! Man, was I relieved when I finally called it a day at around 6. Is it Friday yet?
2. A monster workout: After a crappy workout yesterday, I was determined to get a good one in today. Drained by my long day, I decided to let myself get off to a slow start on the stationary bike. After that, it was leg time! I did this mini-circuit, which I made up as I went:
- 1 minute of frog squats
- 30 seconds of squat jumps
- 1 minute of deadlifts
- 30 seconds of side lunges with rotation
- 1 minute of alternating step back lunges
- 30 seconds of squats with lateral raises
- 1 minute of jump wood chops
- 30 seconds of split jumps
I rested one minute between sets and repeated three times. I felt the burn after this one!
3. Green monster smoothie bowl: It was already 8:30 when I got home from the gym so I wasn’t really feeling cooking for dinner. All I wanted was something lighter so I decided to finally use some of my frozen spinach in a green monster smoothie.
In the blender went three ounces of passionfruit Greek yogurt, a big scoop of cottage cheese, a sliced frozen but very brown banana, two handfuls of spinach, and a scoop of almond butter. But when it was finally blended up, I realized that one very important ingredient was forgotten…
Almond milk! No wonder it took forever to blend. I added about half a cup and pulsed a few more times to get this gorgeous green concoction.
And yes, the left out almond milk had to make an appearance. Also, I noticed that my green bowl and smoothie matched perfectly. Totally broke Women’s Health’s color control rule, but hey, it’s not like I could have overserved myself when dinner was a smoothie.
Topped with some Nature’s Path pumpkin flax granola to add some texture. Tasty!
A nice end to my day. Now I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I sleep until my alarm goes off at 7:15 tomorrow morning.